At an altitude of 2 200 meter above sea level, Gudauri is located in the very heart of the Caucasus Mountains. Surrounded by some of Europe’s highest peaks it has some of the finest high-altitude powder in Europe and offers downhill skiing up to the 4 200 meter level. The deep snow and the absence of stones and any avalanche risk make Gudauri an ideal place for freeriding.
With dozens of slopes, Gudauri has trails for skiers from beginners to professionals. Ski runs, most between 2000 and 3 300 meters above sea level, cover a total of 57 kilometers. For experienced skiers Gudauri provides four FIS approved types of run: slalom, giant slalom, super slalom and speed skiing.
Gudauri is accessible all year round. Distance from Tbilisi is 120 km. The journey usually takes 2 hours.
Daily mini-buses depart to Gudauri from Tbilisi’s Didube bus station at 4 Karaleti str. approximately every hour.
Price of journey is 10 GEL.
We offer private transfers for the best possible prices Transfer from Tbilisi to Gudauri (driver included) with Toyota RAV4/ 3 seats - 105 EUR (one way) Transfer from Tbilisi to Gudauri (driver included) with Toyota Sequoia / 5 seats - 120 EUR (one way)
For Booking a Transfer Contact Us
Address: 24a Shalva Dadiani st. (near to Freedom Square)
Gudauri is a rapidly developing resort, plenty of bars and restaurants are situated on and around skiing areas and pists. Après-ski you can enjoy your meal at following restaurants (most of them belong to subsequently named hotels):
- Club-2100 - located at the altitude of 2100 meters above sea level, easily seen from the road. Offers cuisine mostly Georgian with some elements of European. Nice atmosphere, good and fast service, often live music, great views, terrace and a fireplace.
- Restaurant MAGI Style - located on the first floor of 5 storied MAGI Style building. Offers Georgian, Ukrainian and European cuisine. Nice atmosphere, good views, fireplace, space for children and until 4pm you can hire here a nanny. Nonsmoking.
- Restaurant MarcoPolo - In the premises of the most high class hotel at the resort. Service and atmosphere is corresponding. Hotel also offers bowling bar and a lounge bar with a fireplace. On weekends from 10pm to 3 am parties are held with free admission.
- Restaurant Carpe Diem - In the premises of hotel Carpe Diem, very close to second ski lift. Georgian and European cuisine. Once a week live band and after 10pm DJ.
- Tavern Khreki - Situated a bit lower to main supermarket “Smart”. Offers Georgian cuisine, including Khinkali. Simple traditional design, has nonsmoking hall, always full of people, consequently not very fast service.
- Tavern Gagieti -Situated a bit higher from main supermarket “Smart”. Offers Georgian cuisine. Simple traditional design, also always full of people.
- More Restaurants - Hotel Truso Restaurant, Hotel Monte Restaurant, Hotel New Gudauri Restaurant and etc.
- NEW!! Food Delivery Service NEW!! - Company "AfterSkis" offers tasty and affordable food delivery service in Gudauri area.
The rental of new, modern ski equipment is available in Gudauri through ski schools, local intermediaries and hotels, although you can also rent your equipment in Tbilisi, which will also cost you less.
- IN TBILISI: 91 Vazha-Pshavela Ave., Tbilisi, Georgia
(+995 32) 231 91 01
(+995) 599 50 41 13 (GE)
(+995) 568 65 99 85 (EN)
- IN GUDAURI: Axis Building Block B, Gudauri, Georgia
Here you can rent full sets of equipment of following brands: Head, Elan, Rossignol, Volkl, Atomic, Nordica, Salomon. Accessories can also be rented or bought. Usual price range is 20-30 GEL per day for standard package (skis, boots, sticks or snowboard and boots); 50 GEL per day for VIP package (speed skis, freeride skis and etc.) 5 GEL per day for goggles, gloves or helmet. Here you can receive ski maintenance services, snowboard and ski touring equipment rental services.
Shop and Rental X-Treme
Located in Tbilisi near the exit of town (direction to north - Gudauri) at 3 Akaki Beliashvili St.
Likewise you can rent full sets of equipment of brands: Head, Tyrolia, Atomic, Salomon and etc.
All ski areas of Gudauri are patrolled by experienced ski rescue and first-aid teams. Emergency helicopter evacuation to Tbilisi is also available. A hospital in Gudauri can provide only emergency immediate help.
Daily ski pass does not include insurance, therefore it's highly recommended you arrange your own insurance.
In case of emergency at the resort you should dial Georgian Emergency Service Number - 112.
Avalanches in Gudauri are very rare but still possible.
Gudauri is a resort situated in the heart of big Caucasus range, slopes are mostly facing south, and the surrounding mountains are protecting from strong winds. All this make very good conditions for skiing and snowboarding and freeride is developing very rapidly.
If you decide to ski off piste or on mountains surrounding the resort we recommend hiring a local guide. Otherwise please make sure that you are fully capable of assessing the dangers of powder slopes and avalanches. Highly Recommended Equipment: - Freeride ski/snowboard (available for hire) - Backpack with fastening for ski or snowboard - Transceiver, avalanche probe, shovel (available for hire) - Helmet For more Information about freeride opportunities, guides and tours in Gudauri please check out our page FREERIDE SKIING